Perfomance Oriented C++ Design, 2 days (with exercises)
- "Why is my C++ program so slow?"
- "What are the performance costs of shared pointers?"
- "Which mechanisms exist to manage lots of small objects in C++ efficiently?"
- "How can design patterns efficiently implemented in C++?"
Many C++ programs are slower than their C counterparts.
Though C++ is actually a faster language than C.
But C++ programmers often use design mechanisms that cost performance
if not adequately applied for C++.
However, C++ provides features to implement modern
object-oriented designs in a way that outperform C.
In Perfomance Oriented C++ Design
you'll learn the performance costs of the different C++ mechanisms.
You'll know the efficient implementation of widely used design patterns.
You're able to design complex systems flexible and performant.
C++ programmers, library developers, system designers
You know the details of C++11/14/17 well (as presented in the seminars
or C++ 11/14/17)
and used them for some time.
You have some experience designing object-oriented systems
(as presented in the seminar
- Performance costs of C++ language features
- Performance costs of flexible design
- Modern hardware architectures
- Memory bottlenecks
- Stack vs. heap
- C++ mechanisms
- C++ idioms
- Interfaces with templates
- Smart pointers
- Parallel performance
Perfomance Oriented C++ Design
is a design and programming seminar.
You'll learn with real-word examples
how to design flexible systems and implement them efficiently in C++.
The presented techniques are realized with real-world exercises.
Seminars on Similar Topics:
- C++ Advanced
- The base for this seminar
- C++ 11/14/17
- Alternate base for this seminar
- C++17 Update
- Update to C++17
- Safe and robust C++, safety and security
- Performant, and safe
- C++ Concurrency
- Performant with multiple CPU cores
- C++ Embedded
- Efficient programs on small systems
- OO Design Patterns
- Standard solutions for performant systems
- Embedded Design
- Specific solutions for efficient embedded systems