Embedded C++, 2 days (with exercises)
- "Why are embedded systems special?"
- "What about real-time in C++? "
- "Why is C++ the language of choice for embedded systems?"
- "What design patterns are important for embedded systems?"
Embedded systems are special: real-time requirements,
restricted resources and high reliability (99.999% is often not good enough).
And embedded software has to control and manage the whole system:
hardware, interrupts, device drivers, different types of storage
and last but not least the actual application.
This is the domain of C++: a rich set of modularization mechanisms to
construct complex systems clearly and coherently,
and yet C++ provides full real-time capabilities and direct hardware access
and allows for higly efficient implementations.
In Embedded C++ you'll learn to utilize the mechanisms
provided by C++ for your embedded system.
You know the design patterns that help to realize your systems and
how to implement them in C++.
You're able to assess the real-time behaviour of your C++ programs and
know how to optimize it.
C++ programmers, library developers, system designers
You know the details of C++11/14/17 well
(as presented in the seminars
or C++ 11/14/17)
and used them for some time.
You understand the basic contraints of embedded systems.
- Why are embedded systems special?
- Real-time behaviour of C++ mechanisms
- Evaluation of languague concepts and standard libraries
- Memory management
- Synchronization mechanisms
- Design patterns for embedded systems
There is a non-standard named "Embedded C++", which specifies an unfortunate
subset of C++98.
This seminar Embedded C++ covers the complete C++(17)
and evaluates it with respect to embedded systems.
Embedded C++ is a hands-on seminar.
A substantial part of the programme consists of programming exercises.
You'll learn with real-word examples how to design and implement
embedded systems with C++.
Seminars on Similar Topics:
- C++ Advanced
- The base for this seminar
- C++ 11/14/17
- Alternate base for this seminar
- C++17 Update
- Update to C++17
- Safe and robust C++, safety and security
- Safety and security are core requirements for embedded systems
- C++ Concurrency
- Synchronization for embedded systems
- Performance Oriented C++ Design
- Efficient embedded systems
- Embedded Design
- Specific design solutions for embedded systems
- OO Design
- How to use objects for complex embedded systems
- SW Architektur
- How to create big, yet flexible embedded systems
- Embedded Linux
- The penguin as modern alternative